Tuesday, August 26, 2014

If you are depressed, don't read this.

If I was depressed, I wouldn't listen to it.  So if you find yourself in a pretty good place right now, I have something to tell you.  "Live Life on Purpose."

I just found this sign hanging in my daughter's bedroom.  She was just home from graduate school and she must have put this sign up while she was here because I don't remember it being there before.  As I was changing her bed, the sign hit me like a ton of bricks.  Not literally, but figuratively.  If you haven't seen the movie, "About Time," you should see it.  Between the sign and the movie, I have had a new "a-ha" moment.

We all have had times in our lives when maybe we didn't make the best decision or we didn't appreciate something or someone like we should have.  We'd like to go back and do those times over and, hopefully, do them right this time.  But the truth is that if we are aware of it . . . if we can live our lives with the understanding that we can never get this moment back again . . . if we are careful about what we say and what we do so that we can be our best selves, then maybe we won't ever think, "Gee, I wish I had done that better."


Instead, "Live Life on Purpose."  A simple thought, but one that encompasses so many thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. Life's too short to dwell in regret. I've found I'm much better off, living life like there's no tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Your responses help me learn how to make my blog posts more interesting and worthy of your time.